Graphic Standards Manual Concept
Graphic standards manual is a document that contains a group of rules and recommendations that guarantee the correct use of the corporate images’ visual elements, namely the logo, symbols, lettering, colors, signatures, etc.
Thus, graphic standards manual should explain:
- How the logo and other symbols were built and which the relations among the different elements;
- Which the proportions among the different visual elements and which the minimum dimensions as a way to maintain legibility;
- Which the chromatic environment, that defines the established colors pallet for the visual elements and includes the behavior study of theses visual elements over different colors background, in black and white applications and over images;
- Which lettering or typographic family that defines the letter types to use on the different communication supports as a way to guarantee the institutional communication consistency;
- Which safety margins referent to the page limits or referent to other exterior elements.
Its use should be strict and include all its cooperators as a way to guarantee the existence of coherence, consistency, credibility and assertion of the organization in the market.